Declutter Your Mind – Day 7
“Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination” – Christine Scalise
Reset your thinking, a mind that sometimes cannot find the calm that we so desperately seek is a cluttered mind. There’s something a lot worse than having a cluttered home or workspace, and that’s having a cluttered mind. A cluttered mind is restless and unfocused. It tries to move in many different directions at once and the result is that very little gets done.
A good way to start the New Year is by resetting your thinking, clean out some space in your head. You can get started by following the 10 ways to declutter your mind and free up mental space which you’ll find.
- Declutter your physical space – (physical clutter leads to mental clutter)
- Write your thoughts down – (write what stored in your brain)
- Let go of the past – (let go of the mistakes, the quilt)
- Stop multitasking (organize/declutter area of importance)
- Keep a journal – (download your inner chatter)
- Monitor the amount of information coming in (stop the overload of information)
- Be decisive (make a decision)
- Prioritize – (focus on what’s important)
- Have a regimen about your day – (plan and organize the details of your day)
- Learn to meditate – (focus the mind)
Mental clutter leads to congestion in our inner world. It gets in the way of being able to think clearly, and to focus on what really matters. This year begin by Reset Your Thinking.